LOCAL PROFILE: Piedmont Park | Public Spaces
ATLANTA, Ga. – Often called the quintessential city park, Piedmont Park, has something for everyone. Situated in the middle of the city, this park offers fishing, playgrounds, swimming, tennis, skating and even movie viewings.
Atlanta’s “Common Ground” since 1904, the park is the destination for “ITP” residents or city dwellers, every weekend. The main green or The Meadow is the main area for congregation; dogs and their owners or groups of friends playing ball games, usually, use this area for their activities.
Grilling isn’t allowed in the park; however, there are designated areas for people who want to use them. Park goers can fish in Clara Meer, which was created for the 1895 Cotton States and International Exposition; the lake is filled with many of the local common species. The park features basketball courts and tennis courts, also. And every Saturday, the park opens a “Green Market” which has been rated as one of Atlanta’s top 5 farmers markets.
The park recently added a pool, which will open, for the season, on May 29th. And, the annual “Screen on the Green” movie viewing event will begin on June 2.
For more information on the park, visit them online.
The park is located at Tenth Street at Monroe Drive in Downtown Atlanta.
Top Virginia-Highland Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GSU's top rookie Merrigan, First-Team SS Prain highlight All-CAA selections
- Formula: Graduation rate soars among Georgia high school students
- Braves, other MLB teams wearing camo uniforms for Memorial Day
- Exclusive Interview: Chrisette Michele opens up about her new look, new book and new music
- Falcons new stadium money approved by NFL owners