Tap 'N' Run 4K encourages running, beer chugging | Events
ATLANTA -- What could possibly improve a Saturday morning run through Virginia-Highland? Beer, of course.
The Tap 'N' Run 4K will make its Atlanta debut at 2 p.m. on Nov. 17.
RELATED | Run a Christmas race
This fun run "combines participants' love of beer and running for a unique 'one of a kind' run/walk race totaling 2.4 miles," according to Josh Brack, spokesman for JAM Active, which hosts the race.
Tap 'N' Run features four "chug stations" along the course. Runners will drink a four-ounce sample of beer at each one. Upon reaching the finish line, they will be rewarded with a full-size beer, a T-shirt and a commemorative medal that doubles as a bottle opener.
Prizes will be awarded to the wackiest runners; categories include Best Mustache, Best Belcher and Hot Mess.
"We are looking forward to seeing how creative folks in Atlanta can get," JAM Active executive director Matt Roberts said in a statement. "And, as always, we encourage participants to have fun, yet drink responsibly."
Roberts added that JAM Active staff members will be available to assist runners who imbibe a bit too much.
Learn more about Tap 'N' Run and register for the race at tapnrun.com.
Upcoming Events near Virginia-Highland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running